Saturday, April 3, 2010

Out like a lion

Like or Share this post.

In Like a Lamb: 
The first half of March was pretty warm with little precipitation in my neck of the woods. Out 

Like a Lion: 
Like usual, the second half of March was a different story. We got a good mix of warm weather, cold weather, sun and snow. All of the photos and video below are from March 15 forward and in chronological order. Obviously, I'm the guy in the white and plaid Helly Hansen outfit. This is just a small sampling of everything my crew has been doing over the last few weeks. I had more over-the-head landings and face-shots than I can remember. I've had great times with great people. For me, skiing is far more than a sport, it is a lifestyle and a community.  

The single shot:
Photobucket
And the sequence:
Photobucket
Geoff going double stage:
Photobucket
More soft goodness:
Photobucket
Neil doing a K2 ad:
Photobucket
Sun is out:
Photobucket
Safe zone discussion:
Photobucket
The route:
Photobucket
FAST turns:
Photobucket
Managed some spray:
Photobucket
Maroney Hitchin':
Photobucket
Snowing again so the wife and I get after it:
Photobucket
Pillows:
Photobucket
More Pillows:
Photobucket
Takeoff:
Photobucket
Landing:
Photobucket
Sequence:
Photobucket
Takeoff:
Photobucket Landing (I like the snow waterfall):
Photobucket
Sequence:
Photobucket
Maroney Lands in the deep:
Photobucket
Sydney sending her first real cliff:
Photobucket
Eyes on the prize:
Photobucket
Maroney teeing off:
Photobucket
Takeoff:
Photobucket
Landing:
Photobucket
Sequence (if you look closely you'll see that I barely cleared Maroney's bomb hole...about 2 ft to skiers left and 4 ft further):
Photobucket


Video: 
I hope you enjoy my taste in Viking Metal for this video. The bluegrass songs I wanted for it just weren't long enough. My VIO POV camera has some issues with clarity (i.e. white balance and dropping frames) and with staying secure on the helmet, but hopefully it is still enjoyable to watch.

Out Like a Lion from Joel Bettner on Vimeo.

I think I'm going to take the next few days off, and then get after it again in hopes of "the lion" sticking around until mid-April.



No comments:

Post a Comment