Wednesday, October 27, 2010

October 20 - 27...what a difference a week makes.

Like or Share this post.

Wow...last week I took a group of folks up to Berthoud Pass to start discussing backcountry safety and protocol before the season starts.  We made some ridiculously goofy turns just to say we did.

CUFST hiking at Berthoud Pass (October 21, 2010).
Photobucket

Ridiculous turns.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Then during the week I did some pumpkin carving.

Carving the Penn State logo is a yearly tradition.  I think the addition of the football goes well.
Photobucket

Today (October 27, 2010) I went and skied full-on powder.  Didn't even hit a single rock all day long.  What a difference a week makes.
Photobucket

Tim enjoyed his first backcountry experience.
Photobucket

Photobucket

I was kicking up a little cold smoke tail all day long.
Photobucket

Evidence of the face shots I got all day long.
Photobucket

Really short video.  Quality is not good, but hopefully it gives you an idea of what our day was like.

First Pow Turns of the Season...October 2010 from Joel Bettner on Vimeo.

1 comment:

  1. YESSSSSSSSS! GOt a big crew joel! I'm hitting up LCC tomorrow, I will try and get some vid!

    ReplyDelete