Sunday, February 26, 2012

Jump Around...Finally

Like or Share this post.

Well hello there!  I know it has been a long while since I last updated everyone on my adventures, but there have been reasons for that.

For starters, the ski season in Colorado has been...thin.  In November, December and January there was very little snowfall.  And any snow that was in the mountains was extremely dangerous (high avalanche danger).  I was skiing, but it was very conservative, and not really much to document.

In about mid-January I started getting sick.  My sickness peaked right around the beginning of February.  I'm still recovering, but am not out of the woods yet.  My spleen is still about 1.75 times its normal size (which is a lot smaller than it was prior).  Hopefully it will be back to normal soon.

Also at the beginning of February, the snow started to finally fall.  February was actually a pretty good snow month.  When the conditions and my health would allow, I got out in the mountains and got after it!  Because of the added consequences of a swollen spleen, I have had to pick my spots and be a little more conservative.

To add to everything, I have not had a camera.  But, the past two days I was able to borrow a camera and put together a little something.  I hope you enjoy it.




In my next update I'll share with you what I have been doing and the visits from some very good friends.

Hopefully, you'll be hearing from me a lot more regularly for the rest of the season!

1 comment: